Nylon Canteen Cover
The first all-nylon canteen cover specification came with the set of individual equipment called the M-1967 Modernized Load-Carrying Equipment (MLCE) or Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment (LLCE). The MLCE consisted essentially of the same items of similar design as the M-1956 Load-Carrying Equipment (LCE), but substituted nylon for cotton, and aluminum and plastic for steel and brass hardware where possible.
The M-1967 canteen cover was made from OG-106 4-ounce nylon, with black snaps instead of the LTD fasteners closing the cover flaps. The inside was lined with an acrylic pile. The nylon cover was sized to accommodate the plastic water canteen with the nested metal Canteen Cup. Two ALICE clips were affixed to the back with a webbing patch. The nylon canteen covers have a small flap pocket, with velcro closure, intended to hold a bottle of water purification tablets. An eyelet at the bottom of the cover provided drainage. The vertical stitching that was typical of the M-1910 cotton canteen carrier was replaced by horizontal stitching on the nylon covers, although some versions of the nylon cover have both vertical and horizontal stitching.
12 × 6 × 6 cm|